So, let me get this straight …
- Java is not safe for use in servers because of GC pauses.
- And it’s not safe for use in clients because of GC pauses.
Doesn’t leave much left! 🙂
Thanks to Greg Lindahl, founder of Blekko, for making my day. You’re The Man when it comes to performance!
Another good one that made *me* pause:
- Me at ApacheCon 2009: “So how do you like programming in Java?”
- Random Attendee in Wifi tables area: “It’s great. Not sure why people gripe about memory consumption.”
- Me: “Really. Show me your Java app.”
- Random Attendee: “Well, my Macbook Air doesn’t have enough RAM.” 🙂