I received an interesting email about MySQL news from Oracle.
It was badly formatted in my email client, so I have reformatted it below.
Sender: “Oracle MySQL”
Subject: News from MySQL Sunday at Oracle OpenWorld
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 11:17:17 -0700
Did you miss the first MySQL Sunday at Oracle OpenWorld?
Here’s your opportunity to catch up on the exciting news and developments. In his keynote, Edward Screven, Oracle’s Chief Corporate Architect, underlined Oracle’s investment in MySQL and demonstrated how Oracle is making MySQL better every day.
As a testament to that investment, Edward announced the immediate availability of the release candidate version of MySQL 5.5, delivering major enhancements in performance & scalability, availability and usability.
With MySQL 5.5 You Get:
- Improved performance and scalability: Benchmarks showed up to 1,561% performance gains for Read/Write operations on Windows, and up to 364% performance gain in Read/Write operations on Linux!
- Higher availability: New semi-synchronous replication and replication Heart Beat improve the reliability of data and the speed of failover for continuous application availability.
- Improved usability: Enhanced index and table partitioning, signal/re-signal support and diagnostics further improve the usability of MySQL 5.5.
Learn More and Get Going with MySQL 5.5:
- Download MySQL 5.5 RC
- Join us Live Webinar: Delivering Scalability and High Availability with MySQL 5.5 Replication Enhancements
Contact your MySQL sales representative for more information online or at the number for your region below:
- USA/Canada – Toll Free: +1-866-221-0634 USA. From abroad: +1-208-338-8100
- Additional phone numbers for EMEA, Latin America and APAC